- Understand how revenue loss occurs within telecom operators, in terms of internal and external frauds and revenue leakage in systems and processes
- Recognise the key symptoms of revenue leakage, as well as the manifestation of technical and non-technical risks
- Discover key strategies that every operator can adopt to eliminate leakage and improve profitability
- Gain expertise in assessing revenue risk exposure and in working with operational teams to devise improved business processes or other solutions
- Assure completeness, accuracy, timeliness and security along the entire length of the revenue management chain
In this intensive and interactive three day seminar you will be introduced to the full range of risks facing modern telecom operators of all types in terms of fraud and revenue leakage. Using practical examples you will gain a full understanding how mobile convergence and a host of new services are increasing business complexity and contributing to rising levels of revenue risk. Through case studies you will gain a practical understanding of the role audit can play in identifying key vulnerabilities and gaps in business processes, and specifying the most appropriate control frameworks to reduce exposure.
Throughout the seminar you will gain unparalleled insights into the actual fraud and revenue controls operated by Telecom Companies and will be given practical examples of how losses occur and how they are corrected that can be assimilated into your working environment.
Key topic areas
- Understand the operational fraud and revenue assurance issues facing Telecom Companies in the changing world of communications
- Recognise the risks associated with Telecom Companies and the methodologies for identifying and controlling those risks
- Gain an understanding of how to deploy the most appropriate audit techniques to optimise coverage of fraud and RA leakage
- Discover those controls that contribute to the financial statement assertions and how to ensure an adequate internal control framework over financial reporting
- Gain an understanding of how to review the fraud and revenue assurance functions in a Telecom Company and make practical and value add recommendations for improvement
- Ensure income integrity, security and revenue leakage prevention
Course Director - Mark Johnson
Former Head of Fraud Control at Cable & Wireless, where he designed one of the first automated fraud detection and management systems in the world and ran fraud system development programmes for Ericsson, Nortel and Alcatel.
'Excellent course content, handouts, reference material and additional info given to take away'
'Very precise and informative'