This course is part of our Lead Internal Auditors Training Week - save 10%
- Understand the impact of corporate scandals and governance legislation on the role of internal audit
- Explore IIA guidance and best practice auditing techniques
- Learn how to successfully manage an audit from start to finish
- Develop individual audit risk assessment strategies
- Appreciate the value of persuasive evidence and how to effectively influence successful outcomes
- Apply project management tools and techniques to internal audit
- Increase your fraud awareness
This three day seminar focuses on the elements involved in auditing from the perspective of the lead auditor. It sets out what it is expected from a lead auditor and provides the necessary tools & techniques for those who have recently moved into the role or are soon to do so. The seminar also provides valuable insight into the wider context of auditing and assurance provision and reviews the impact of corporate scandals on businesses, the regulatory framework and emerging best practice in corporate governance. Participants will learn how to manage an audit from initial planning through to audit closure using a series of case studies and practical exercises. All the key stages of an audit are explained and valuable project management tools & techniques are provided to help you add value to your organisations and to deliver assignments on time and within budget.
Course Director - Lin Bartlett
Lin enjoyed a varied 27 year career with Shell before specialising in Internal Audit training and has since worked with a number of significant players in the sector.
“Very informative course for Lead Auditors” Internal Auditor, Saudi Aramco
“Good course material. Able to deliver clearly, simulate discussion” Group Internal Audit, UP, DVB Bank SG, London
“The perfect coverage of issues that each audit team leader should be aware of / know”Head of Branch Network Audit Coordinator Dept, ZAO, Raiffeisenbank
‘Very useful. Picked up lots of tips and techniques’ Internal Audit Lead Manager, Japan Tobacco International
‘A concise and straight to the point course in all areas important for auditing’ Auditor, BES