Attend Internal Audit Fundamentals Week and save 10%
By attending this course you will acquire and practice the basic internal audit skills in line with the IIA standards and best practice. Over three days you will:
- Understand the role of the internal audit department
- Learn the standards required for the professional practice of Internal Audit
- Improve your interpersonal skills and interview strategies
- Explore risk assessment strategies and risk based internal auditing
- Develop the tools and techniques required to perform a successful audit programme
This three day seminar introduces new Internal Auditors to their role and responsibilities. The role of the Internal Audit department is explained within the broader context of assurance provision highlighting the professionís current challenges and reviewing some of the events that have led to the current emphasis on auditing and assurance.
The seminar teaches the basic tools & techniques necessary to carry out audit assignments together with accepted best practice approaches and provides a safe and comfortable environment in which to practice with specifically designed exercises & case studies. The IIA Performance standards are referenced throughout the course.
Course Director - Lin Bartlett
Lin is a former Integrated Audit Manager at Shell. During her time there she gained board approval for a risk-based integrated audit planning and management process, establishing integrated audit plans for all key business areas. She is a trained auditor in financial, IT, health, safety, environment and quality management and planned and managed major audits in many different parts of Shell's business.