This training week is specifically designed for those looking to enhance their audit managerial experience by learning about the latest trends and challenges in internal auditing. During the week you will be able to develop a practical plan that will benefit and add value to your business long term.
Part One - Managing the Internal Audit Department
Part Two - Auditing Governance, Strategy, Ethics and Risk Management
Part 1: Managing the Internal Audit Department
In the first part of this training week you will explore the evolving core responsibilities of the audit manager and the internal audit department. Using practical examples and case studies, you will learn how to develop and implement a balanced and flexible remit for your department which will enable you to respond rapidly to the ever-changing demands of your business and its stakeholders while adding demonstrable value to the business. You will leave having developed a road map for improvement for your business.
Over two days you will:
- Understand the implications of new corporate governance and regulatory requirement
- Develop and deliver an internal audit remit that will meet the changing expectations of key stakeholders
- Learn how to add value - and demonstrate it
- Gain insights into current best practice in internal audit management
- Discover how to manage current audit ‘hot issues’ to your advantage
Part 2: Auditing Governance, Strategy, Ethics and Risk Management
This challenging, intensive and highly interactive two-day seminar will give you the practical tools to audit those critical but sensitive areas including the governance and risk management frameworks, board effectiveness, ethics processes and the development and implementation of strategy which are of increasing interest to shareholders and other stakeholders. Through practical exercises and case studies you will learn how to design, gain acceptance for and implement a programme of work that will help to improve organisational governance as well as providing independent and objective assurance on it.
Over three days you will:
- Understand the value of objective assurance on boardroom processes
- Discover which areas to audit – and how to do it
- Develop the business case for internal audit involvement
- Learn how to be a catalyst for improvement – without compromising independence
- Gain insights into emerging best practice
- Take away practical checklists and sample audit programmes
Jenny Rayner Jenny is a former Chief Internal Auditor for ICI and author of Managing Reputational Risk: Curbing threats, leveraging opportunities. Jenny writes and lectures on internal auditing, risk management, corporate governance and reputation. She is a member of the Institute of Risk Management and has chaired the North West District Committee of the IIA UK and Ireland.
Methodology: The training week is extremely interactive with case studies and real life examples used throughout. Delegates will have the opportunity to network and share experiences with other senior professionals