NEW Social Media Risk, Control and Governance Conference & Workshop 2012
Developing an integrated business solution for social media to enable your workforce while protecting your company's data and reputation
22 - 24 May 2012, London
Every company struggles with governance around social media. The speed at which social media has gained popularity has resulted in reactive corporate social media implementations, with governance being an afterthought. Existing company policies do not necessarily cover the sharing of data which can be commercially confidential, price sensitive or personal in nature.Information security professionals, risk managers, internal and IT auditors, heads of compliance and data privacy specialists are all looking to identify the key opportunities and risks of social media use and gain an understanding of what policies and controls need to be implemented within the enterprise environment.
The MIS Training Institute Social Media Risk, Control and Governance Conference will give you the opportunity to meet, listen to and learn from all aspects of the business involved in the governance of social media: The speaker faculty features perspectives from information security, internal audit, marketing, data privacy and leading consultants and advisors.
You will leave with:
- Knowledge of how to create and enforce an effective enterprise governance framework for social media in your company
- Practical solutions and governance models relevant to your specific business environment
- Policies, guidelines, processes and educational resources from leading companies to help direct your employees when utilising social media for business.
Through a combination of interactive panel sessions, roundtable discussions, and a post-conference workshop, this event brings together over 100 leading experts on the security, risk, data protection and legal issues associated with social media.
Gain a global perspective keynote addresses from:
- The Information Commissioner's Office reveal what companies should be doing to avoid falling foul of the regulators
- IBM explain why businesses should use social media and the right process and business applications for your company New international case studies:
New international case studies:
- Hear how Canon Europe formulated a relevant social media policy which relates to actual company social media usage and the real risk
- Virgin Media describe how they developed employee awareness through internal communications and training
- Barclays provide an information risk management insight into how to protect your company from the loss of sensitive data through social media
the experts-your questions answered via interactive panel discussions:
- Compare the views of Barclays with those of Nokia, IBM and the Information Commissioner's Office on a panel where the opportunities and risks of corporate social media usage go head to-head
- Debate the data and intellectual property leakage challenges with GE Capital, Pennine Acute NHS Trust and Virgin Media.
PLUS: NEW 1 DAY POST CONFERENCE WORKSHOP:
Social Media Risks Workshop
Emerging trends in social engineering and unregulated ePayments online
24 May 2012
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?:
- Chief information security officers (CISOs) and heads of information security
- Information security managers and engineers
- Senior internal auditors and IT auditors
- Risk management professionals
- Heads of IT and IT support managers
- Data privacy managers and specialists
- Heads of compliance, compliance managers
- Heads of legal, general counsel and in-house legal specialists
- Marketing and communications specialists involved with social media
- Human resources directors and managers~
TESTIMONIALS FROM MIS TRAINING INSTITUTE'S GLOBAL EVENT SERIES:
"This was the best conference I have attended! The openness and sharing with infosec peers was enlightening and thought provoking"
Director of IT Audit, Liberty Global Europe
"A very enlightening conference addressing contemporary issues through a line-up of industry experts"
Security Engineer, MITA
"Focused at the right mix of professionals and backgrounds with appropriate questions and strategies"
Vice President of Information Technology, Worldwide Clinical Trials
For sponsorship enquiries, please contact
Kate Lafferty, Sponsorship Manager, +44 20 7779 8866
For speaking enquiries and event content questions, please contact
William Russell, conference producer +44 20 7779 7204
Tags: Social Media Governance, Social Media Compliance, Social Media Risk Management, Enterprise Governance