2nd Fraud & Corruption Africa Summit
Clean Business, Clean Government: Transparency, Governance & Leadership
22 25 May 2012, Zanzibar Beach Resort, Zanzibar
The United Republic of Tanzania
MIS Training announces the 2nd Annual Fraud & Corruption Africa Summit, 22 25 May 2012 in Zanzibar, The United Republic of Tanzania. The 2012 programme will take a 'lessons learnt, interactive and action-driven' approach to the detection, prevention, investigation, awareness and recovery for fraud and corruption - covering red flags, behaviours, attitudes, processes, controls, technologies and engagement. MIS invites all participants to contribute to the pre, onsite and post-summit work through the sharing of ideas for new measures and ideas through:
- Commitment to concrete action points
- Encouragement to be part of a pan-African networking community
AGENDA AT A GLANCE:
Tues 22 May Trends, Legal & Risk, Prosecution, Reporting Structures, Ethics & Governance
Weds 23 May Detection, Prevention & Awareness of Fraud, Corruption & Illicit Trade
Thurs 24 May Fraud Forensics & Investigations, Vetting, Data Integrity & Recovery
Fri 25 May Fraud & Corruption Africa Roundtable - Resolutions! Create a Solid Action Plan
INTERNATIONAL SPEAKER PANEL INCLUDES:
- Mr. Omar Yussuf Mzee Minister of Finance for the Zanzibar Revolutionary Council
- Mr. Ludovick S. L. Utouh, Controller & Auditor General, National Audit Office of Tanzania
- Professor Benjamin C. Osisioma, Professor of Accountancy, Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Nigeria
- Mr. Michael Holstein, Security Coordinator, NATO HQ
- Ms. Angela Patrignani, Head of Emerging Crimes Unit, UNICRI (United Nations Interregional Crime & Justice Research Institute)
- Dr. Eliezer Mbuki Feleshi ,Director of Public Prosecution (DPP)
- Mr. Mehdi Khoali, Principal Investigator, African Development Bank
- Professor PLO Lumumba, Recently Director General, Kenya Anti-Corruption Commission
- Mr. Ruben Naiker, General Manager Forensics, SABC
- Ms. Faith Basiye, Head of Group Forensic Services, Kenya Commercia Bank
- Mr. Emmanuel Johannes, Partner, Kepler Consultant & President, IIA Tanzania
- Ms. Carolina Reddy, Group Head for Personal & Business Financial Crime, Standard Bank South Africa
- Ms. Reinette van der Merwe, Chief Internal Auditor, ABSA International
- Ms. Caroline Waddicor, Global Director Investigations, TNT Express
- Mr. Crawford Robinson, Director of Investigations - Global Compliance, AstraZeneca
- Mr. Richard Bell, Security Audit Manager, Transport for London
- Adrian Culley, Senior System Engineer & Trainer, Access Data
- Mr. Kevin Hellard, Partner, GRANT THORNTON
- Jean-Pierre Douglas-Henry, Partner, DLA Piper
- Dr. Edward Hoseah - The Director General of the Prevention and Combating of Corruption Bureau (PCCB)
4 PRACTICAL WORKSHOPS:
- Fraud Risk Assessment Programmes for Detection, Prevention & Awareness - AstraZeneca
- Managing Successful Investigations - African Development Bank & SABC
- Using Digital Forensics to Identify Fraud - Access Data
- Governance Risk Compliance in Africa - Christie's Recent Director of Internal Audit
4 SPECIAL INTEREST ROUNDTABLES:
- Social Media Risks of Fraud - Teams Compete for Prizes! Transport For London
- International Asset Tracing & Recovery United Nations Interregional Crime & Justice Research Institute
- Financial Crime Prevention & Control for banks by banks
- Auditing Fraud & Corruption in Public Sector for government, by government
FRAUD & CORRUPTION AFRICA ROUNDTABLE 2012:
The Fraud & Corruption Thought-Leadership Roundtable is a discussion 'think-tank' for thought-leaders & practitioners in the day to day fight against fraud & corruption - providing an unrivalled benchmarking forum. It is the ultimate chance to gain inspiration & insights from experts & peers from around the world - held under The Chatham House Rule. The Roundtable is the best place for heads of audit, anti-corruption and fraud prevention from all corners of the world to discuss key challenges & strategy with peers to develop team expertise & professional skills, as well as to advance debate & approaches for the fraud prevention & anti corruption community at large. The focus is on roundtable discussions & group work, with sessions facilitated by established practitioners. You will meet & benchmark with professionals who face a similar set of challenges as you in a 'hands on', proactive & inspirational environment.
Held under the Chatham House Rule - No press are permitted. The entire session will be conducted as a 'closed doors' session, allowing participants to discuss real life incidents & benchmark proven & possible approaches.
Your important input into key topics for discussion on the day - the final agenda will be determined by the input of participants beforehand & updated to reflect requirements throughout the summit.
Interactive layout - the seating will be in true roundtable style - that is no PowerPoint slides will be used (flipcharts only) - to allow for a more intimate, progressive & open exchange.
- Mr. Michael Holstein, Security Coordinator, NATO HQ
- Mr. Mehdi Khoali, Principal Investigator, AFRICAN DEVELOPMENT BANK
- Ms. Caroline Waddicor, Global Director Investigations, TNT EXPRESS
- Mr. Crawford Robinson, Director of Investigations - Global Compliance, ASTRAZENECA
- Mr. Richard Bell, Security Audit Manager, TRANSPORT FOR LONDON
"The conference was intellectually and professionally re-juvenating, it repositioned my mindset and really enhanced my auditing skills. To sum it all, I am professionally born again!"
Audit Manager, National Pension Scheme Authority, Zambia
"The conference was so interactive. Experiences from various practitioners were shared and it acted as a catalyst to actualise some of those good things not taken on board. An eye-opener!"
Chief Internal Auditor, National Social Security Fund, Tanzania
"Very engaging, not a dull moment!"
Head of Tax Investigations, Federal Inland Revenue Services, Nigeria
"You missed a lot by not attending!"
Principal Internal Auditor, Judiciary of Tanzania
"A focused conference with value addition to practical (issues) facing us in our every day work. This
was an eye-opening and empowering conference - very practical and addresses real internal audit challenges"
Head of Internal Audit and Risk, Lesotho National Development Corporation
"Gaining confidence through sharing practical experiences of our professions cutting across the globe"
Head of Procurement, Zanaco Bank PLC
If you have a suggestion for a topic or speaker for the conference programme please email Conference Director email@example.com who will contact you to discuss in detail.
For further programme information or to participate, please contact Sara Hook, Director of Conferences, MIS Training Institute, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: +44 (0)20 7779 7200.