This course is part of our Fraud Training Week - save 10%
In this two day seminar you will learn how to perform all the critical elements of the fraud investigation process and gain the skills needed to provide assurance and to answer the critical questions that arise whenever fraud detection is required.
Over two days you will:
- Detail your responsibilities as an auditor involved in a fraud investigation, gain techniques for analyzing fraud, and pinpoint the pitfalls to avoid
- Get tips on what to look for when conducting the fraud interview and when examining forensic documentation
- Gain an insight into tested strategies for planning for the fraud investigation, building your investigation plan, and conducting the investigation
- Explore types of evidence and examine the protocol for collecting evidence.
- How to communicate those findings to ensure action
Course Director - Leonard W. Vona
Leonard W. Vona is a financial investigator with more than 30 years of diversified auditing and forensic accounting experience, including a distinguished 18- year private industry career. Leonard has successfully conducted more than 100 financial investigations for some of the largest high-profile corporations in the United States. The net result of his efforts has saved clients millions of dollars through recovery or defence strategies. His financial investigation experience includes embezzlement, economic damage, asset theft, bribery, intellectual property, and various disbursement schemes. Leonardís trial experience is extensive, including appearances in federal and state courts. Leonard is the author of two leading books on fraud detection; Fraud Risk Assessment: Building a Fraud Audit Programme and The Fraud Audit: Responding to the Risk of Fraud in Core Business Systems.
Methodology: This seminar will based on real life fraud investigation experiences. Throughout, case studies will illustrate and enhance your learning.