- Understand the issues facing Telecom Companies in the changing world of communications
- Recognise the risks associated with Telecom Companies and the methodologies for identifying and controlling those risks
- Gain an understanding of how to deploy the most appropriate audit techniques to optimise coverage
- Discover those controls that contribute to the financial statement assertions and how to ensure an adequate internal control framework over financial reporting
- Gain an understanding of how to review the major operating functions in a Telecom Company and make practical and value add recommendations for improvement
- Ensure income integrity and revenue assurance
In this intensive and interactive three day auditing training course you will be introduced to the methodologies and processes employed when auditing Telecom Companies. Using practical examples you will gain an understanding of the challenges facing Telecom Companies as technologies advance from traditional fixed line services through mobile convergence to new wave revenue streams such as Broadband and WiFi. Through case studies you will gain a practical understanding of auditing the major operational functions and how to determine the most appropriate control frameworks. Throughout the seminar you will gain a comprehensive knowledge of the controls operated by Telecom Companies and will be given practical examples that can be assimilated into the working environment.
Course Director - Shaun Bedford
Shaun has over 20 years of internal audit experience. He is a former Senior Audit Manager for BT plc. In this role he had responsibility for audit practices and policies together with internal audit training, providing audit training at all levels both to internal audit personnel and to European Telcos on a commercial basis. Since 2005 Shaun has occupied the consultancy role of S404 Programme Director for BT plc. Shaun is a member a member of the Institute of Internal Auditors and also has accreditation from Accenture plc for various aspects of training.
Although any course of this nature will require a significant amount of theoretical training, all sessions will be as practical as possible and include participant discussion. We will use a number of exercises and case studies throughout the course to illustrate key points and stimulate discussion amongst participants
Previous delegate feedback:
“Very good course, positive opportunity to improve your knowledge for performing functions” Portugal Telecom PT
"I believe that the course provided a very good insight on Internal Audit by providing valuable controls and techniques. " BATELCO
"It was exactly what I needed to improve on my competences and especially broaden them."
"The course was very informative & I gained a lot of knowledge useful in performing my job effectively." MTN Nigeria Communications Limited
"Theoretical but a good refresher." Head of OTE Security Audit Division, OTE SA